You'll have this easy lasagna soup on the table with simple ingredients and in less than 30 minutes! All of the great flavor of lasagna without the work! Great family friendly dinner for busy weeknights.
This soup comes together in one pot and is adaptable for your family's taste preferences. Use ground beef or italian sausage, choose the ravioli you love best, change up the spices, and add in additional veggies.
The wonderful part of making soups is that the ingredients can be adjusted to suit what you have in your pantry and how detail oriented you are about making each element of your ingredients yourself.
Add ins to try:
- chopped kale
- sliced mushroom
- chopped peppers
- fresh minced garlic
- chopped olives
- fresh herbs
Can you make this recipe in the Crock Pot or Instant Pot?
Absolutely! You'll see instructions for both in the recipe notes.
Can I freeze this soup?
I wouldn't recommend freezing this soup because the noodles might break up when thawing and reheating.
Put leftovers in the fridge for up 3-4 days. If there are any leftovers :).
easy Lasagna Soup Recipe
- Package of ravioli around an 8 oz package-or any small pasta
- Jar of pasta sauce
- 16 oz chopped tomatoes fresh or canned (if canned drain the liquid first)
- 1 chopped onion optional
- 2 tsp fresh basil leaves or 1 tablespoon of dried. this is by taste, use more if you like
- 1 pound ground beef or venison
- salt and pepper to taste.
- mozzarella cheese for topping
- Prepare the veggies. Dice the onions and tomatoes (if using fresh). Chop the basil into small pieces (if using fresh).
- Brown the meat. I used venison, because we have access to that. Beef works too.
- Add veggies to the browned meat and saute on low for about 5 minutes. Add the pasta sauce and ravioli.
- Bring to a gentle boil. What the heck is a gentle boil? It's where the bubbles are just starting...just a little bit. No more.
- What about the cheese? That is something you can let people put on top of their own bowls, so they can make it as cheesy as they wish.
Crockpot Instructions:Brown the meat and onions in advance and then add everything to the crockpot. Cook it on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
Instant Pot Instructions:Saute the meat and onions until the beef is cooked and the onions are translucent, add all the ingredients. Seal the Instant Pot and cook on manual (pressure cooker) on 8 minutes.
This recipe is your basic start-up. And, just like traditional lasagna you will want to adjust it to your families preferences. Serve it up with garlic bread or homemade bread and hear the mmmm's all through supper!
Make up a double batch of this soup and freeze the leftovers for later. This soup freezes up well!
And if you love that pot we're cooking the soup in, you can find it here. I use that dutch oven for nearly everything... it's fantastic!