You’ll have this easy lasagna soup on the table with simple ingredients and in less than 30 minutes! It will become a family favorite! Use a traditional ravioli or pasta to make it kid-friendly with fresh herbs and tomatoes for the ultimate in flavor!
“We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.” Go here for our full disclosure.
Lasagna is usually something we think of as a time-consuming dish. People love it, but most people don’t love to make it. I don’t. The traditional recipe is just too much work. So I make Lasagna Soup for my family when we are craving the traditional lasagna dish. This soup recipe is fast, easy, and simple perfect for my busy life. But, with fresh herbs and tomatoes, quality cheeses and sauce, and our favorite ravioli… it’s warm and cozy in the most delicious way![info_box type=”note_box”]Although this recipe isn’t exactly 5 ingredients because of the extra toppings, we believe this recipe is so easy it is worthy of being among the 5 ingredient recipe greats![/info_box]
Your ingredients can be adjusted according to what you have on hand. You DO need a ravioli or pasta, tomato sauce (homemade or purchased is fine), tomatoes (canned or fresh), cheese, meat, and herbs. The wonderful part of making soups is that the ingredients can be adjusted to suit what you have in your pantry and how detail oriented you are about making each element of your ingredients yourself.
P.S. Another great recipe for using pantry ingredients is my Minestrone Soup. Check that out sometime!
easy Lasagna Soup Recipe
- Package of ravioli around an 8 oz package-or any small pasta
- Jar of pasta sauce
- 16 oz chopped tomatoes fresh or canned (if canned drain the liquid first)
- 1 chopped onion optional
- 2 tsp fresh basil leaves or 1 tablespoon of dried. this is by taste, use more if you like
- 1 pound ground beef or venison
- salt and pepper to taste.
- mozzarella cheese for topping
- Prepare the veggies. Dice the onions and tomatoes (if using fresh). Chop the basil into small pieces (if using fresh).
- Brown the meat. I used venison, because we have access to that. Beef works too.
- Add veggies to the browned meat and saute on low for about 5 minutes. Add the pasta sauce and ravioli.
- Bring to a gentle boil. What the heck is a gentle boil? It's where the bubbles are just starting...just a little bit. No more.
- What about the cheese? That is something you can let people put on top of their own bowls, so they can make it as cheesy as they wish.
This recipe is your basic start-up. And, just like traditional lasagna you will want to adjust it to your families preferences. Serve it up with garlic bread or homemade bread and hear the mmmm’s all through supper!
Make up a double batch of this soup and freeze the leftovers for later. This soup freezes up well!
And if you love that pot we’re cooking the soup in, you can find it here. I use that dutch oven for nearly everything… it’s fantastic!