An easy dinner the whole family will rave over, this "lazy lasagna" is made with frozen ravioli and comes together in under 10 minutes with only 4 ingredients.
You know the drill: you've got a busy family to feed, but limited time and energy. Everyone's asking what's for dinner - ideally something tasty, nutritious, easy-to-make… sound familiar? Well moms (and dads), we have just the answer!
Ravioli Lasagna is a simple dish that will have your family ready to dive in with gusto - made with only four ingredients! So if you're short on time and resources, this is one recipe sure to make everyone at the table happy.
Layers of sauce, cheese, and ravioli are an effortless way to recreate an amazing lasagna without the fuss of lasagna noodles.
Using frozen ravioli instead of traditional lasagna noodles keeps this recipe easy to make and a great recipe to make ahead and store in the fridge until you are ready to bake it.
- Ground beef. Try using ground turkey, ground sausage, or even mushrooms if your family prefers.
- Spaghetti Sauce. Using jarred sauce keeps this really easy and fast. Use your favorite brand! No shame in the jarred sauce game.
- Frozen cheese ravioli. Using frozen ravioli keeps this recipe easy. Try using different ravioli flavors to switch up this recipe!
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded. Change up the cheese with whatever you have available and don't forget cheese can be frozen so stock up when it's on sale.
- Fresh Garlic. Saute some up with the ground beef for even better flavor.
- Spinach. Stir some fresh spinach in with the sauce before you layer up your lasagna.
- Ricotta Cheese. If you love ricotta in your lasagna mix up a bit with the mozzarella for the traditional ricotta flavor.
- Fresh Basil, Oregano, or Parsley. Any fresh herbs will elevate this recipe aLOT!
- Onion. Try adding fresh onion to the ground beef when you saute it.
Do I have to use frozen ravioli?
No, you can certainly use whatever kind you like. Even the specialty kind found in the dairy section of the grocery. But frozen ravioli is the most budget-friendly and easiest to work with. But try whatever is your family's favorite kind of ravioli!
I like to make up a quick homemade spaghetti sauce for my pasta dishes. But I always keep a jar of our favorite pasta sauce for my husband and kids to use. This easy dinner is all about fast and delicious. And easy enough for anyone to make it!
How to Make Ravioli Lasagna:
- Prior to layering up the lasagna you need to ground your beef and add your sauce to the skillet.
- Just like in lasagna, you are going to layer up the ingredients. Sauce, cheese, frozen ravioli...repeat.
- And bake it until it is bubbling, golden, and making the whole house smell like an Italian restaurant. Soooo good!
You can put this ravioli lasagna together and pop it into the freezer to be baked at a later time. Simply thaw it in the fridge overnight before baking it. You may need to add an additional 15 minutes to the bake time to account for the colder starting temp. <--- this recipe is fantastic for making a double batch and freezing for later!
Any leftovers pop into an air-tight container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can heat the leftovers in the oven or the microwave. Leftovers freeze well. Put them into a freezer-friendly container and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge and heat.
So, there you have it. The perfect ooey and gooey ravioli lasagna recipe that your family will love. Will you be giving it a try? I’d love to hear about it in the comments below if you do!