Technically the title of this treat should be -- Peppermint milk-chocolate drizzled white-chocolate-covered pretzels. But, that seems a bit much to try to fit. So, I made sure to include all the necessary adjectives...peppermint and chocolate-covered. That seems to be the most important and I'm all about Peppermint and Chocolate together! So, Peppermint Chocolate-covered Pretzels, it is.
These are really easy to make, don't require fancy tools, and let me tell you---taste amazing!! No really, ah-mahz-ing! With an extra z-ing! And they are one of those great holiday sweets that works really well as a gift. Make a a bunch of these, package them up in a cute tin or even just a plain box, and gift them to your neighbors, teachers, etc. Everyone will appreciate these as gifts, and you won't have to go crazy spending a ton of money. And these chocolate covered pretzels are certainly easier to make than traditional fudge or truffles!!!
Peppermint Chocolate-covered Pretzels
- White Chocolate or Vanilla candy coating I used Candyquik
- milk or dark chocolate chips
- Andes peppermint chips in the baking section
- Mini pretzels
- Note: You'll have to judge for yourself how much chocolate and pretzels to use. This is just what we used.
- Melt 1 package of Candyquik in microwave (follow package directions)
- In large bowl or pan, stir melted chocolate with about 3 cups of pretzels (add more if you like)
- Let cool for a couple minutes.
- Pour onto table or counter that has been lined with aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle Andes chips on top and press in gently.
- Melt ½ bag of chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl at 30 sec intervals.
- Drizzle with spoon over the pretzels.
- Cool. Break up and store in airtight container. Can be frozen. Should be eaten and enjoyed!!
You can also make a batch of these babies up for your next holiday gathering. Instead of bringing a pie or green bean casserole, offer to bring these. Everyone will be glad you did! Guaranteed winner winner chicken dinner!! For sure!
P.S. As I write this post guess what I am snacking on? You guessed it! These peppermint chocolate covered pretzels, with a cup of ginger tea. Sigh, it's good to be me! If you follow me on Instagram you would also have seen a view out my window while I was snacking! Don't follow me? Well...what are you waiting for? Our Instagram feed is stunning, if I do say so myself.