This a unique cheesecake brownie recipe that takes the best of a cheesecake and homemade brownies and smashes Oreo cookies into them. They are the ULTIMATE and Best cheesecake brownie recipe that your family will ask for again and again!
I KNOW!?! I’ll wait a second while you stare a bit longer. Aren’t they just the stuff dreams are made of?
Kind of like if you could figure out how to make pizza, and shrimp, AND ramen all taste good in a single bite. Maybe not those for you, but those are faves of mine and I haven’t yet figured out a good way to eat all my faves at the same time. When Katie was younger she would make spaghetti tacos. She would stuff spaghetti into taco shells to combine her two favorite foods. True story. It was the cutest!
Anyhoo…back to these beauts.
These are not hard, at all. Like…at all! But you are going to see a two-step process and maybe turn up your nose and decide the recipe isn’t right for you.
Stop being so dang unreasonably unwilling to try new things, dagnameit.
Just make up a pan of brownies, drop super amazing stuff on top, and bake it again. I’m totally the girl that does NOT understand hotdish. Or lasagna. Or most anything that requires stuff being made, mixed together, and then made AGAIN!
Makes zero sense. My brain is wired to be as efficient as possible. (but I’ve had a few lasagna’s that totally have me on board with that one!)
These cheesecake brownies will make sense after you try them.
Oreo Cheesecake Brownies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp. sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 40 classic Oreos
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly spray a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add 4 eggs, 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract, salt, cocoa powder, and baking soda and mix until well combined. Pour in flour a little at a time until incorporated.
- Separate dough in two and press one half into the prepared pan. Bake the dough that is in the pan for 10 minutes, set aside the other half.
- To prepare cream cheese filling, in the bowl of a stand mixer, beat cream cheese until light and smooth. Pour in sugar and beat until creamed. Add egg, vanilla extract, and sour cream and mix again.
- Layer Oreos on top of cooked brownie layer and pour cheesecake filling over the Oreos.
- Crumble dough over top of the cheesecake filling and bake again for 22-25 minutes. Let cool for 1 hour, and chill for at least 3-4 hours before slicing and serving.
More brownie recipes to try:
Santa Hat Brownie Bites
Other Cheesecake recipes to try: