Still looking for great Christmas gift ideas? Check out our new book filled with them!!! Free for Kindle unlimited users for the next little bit, and filled with too much awesomeness. Go here to take a look.
There are few things in life we here at NellieBellie enjoy more than sitting together with a good dessert and hot cup of Mexican coffee at break time. Sure, going shopping with an endless budget would rank high on the list of awesome. But, a cozy table set with this easy tiramisu cake for coffee time ranks a close second. We love easy tiramisu and all it's yummy layers. We love it's chocolate, it's creamy goodness, sweet fillings, and coffee flavored cakes!
And this recipe for easy Tiramisu cake is our favorite. It's easier than the classic version, less expensive, and tastes just as great as the classic! Bar none!
This is a recipe that you need to put in your "tried and true" box. Pull it out when you want to impress someone, when you need something special, when it's Tuesday, or Friday for that matter. It isn't very often you find such an easy Tiramisu cake recipe. Definitely one to keep handy!
Using pre-made pound cake (in the frozen section) means this dessert's prep time is next to nothing. You are practically GAINING time when you make this!
We switch between using brandy, rum, and coffee liquor mixed with coffee. Whatever we have on hand is used. Or, whatever we can find in mini bottles. All 3 make good options!
We use a substitution for that expensive marscapone cheese that is a traditional tiramisu ingredient. Cream cheese, whipping cream, and powdered sugar make a great substitute at a fraction of the cost!
Grab a fork and dig in! But, you better be fast because I doubt there will be much left once we get started!
Make up this easy tiramisu cake and serve it along with a hot cup of Coffee at your next celebration...guaranteed love! We recommend trying one of these International Coffee Recipes!
Easy Tiramisu Cake
- loaf of pound cake found in frozen section
- 8 oz cream cheese softened.
- 1 ½ cups whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar.
- ½ cup of strong coffee room temperature
- 2 tablespoons of rum brandy, or coffee-flavored liqueur
- optional: shaved chocolate
- Slice the pound cake.
- Beat the cream cheese, whipping cream, and powdered sugar together until light and creamy.
- Mix the coffee and alcohol together.
- On the bottom of a 9 by 9 pan (or a trifle dish) place a single layer of pound cake, trimming to fit.
- Pour ⅓ of the coffee mixture slowly over the top.
- Spread ⅓ of the cream mixture on top.
- If desired, put shaved chocolate on top of the cream mixture.
- Repeat until ingredients are gone.
- Sprinkle the top with cocoa.
- Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours, the longer this sits...the better!