As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here
Hey hey! this fabulous boozy coconut coffee recipe is amazing.Tthose of you that are avoiding soy and dairy milk are going to find this drink particularly great. Never mind that it tastes fantastic for everyone, the use of coconut milk is so much gentler on many of our stomachs.
“We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.” Find our full disclosure here.
You can totally skip the rum, if that isn’t your thing…you’ll love the coconut coffee without it. Sooo good! And simple.
Off subject, did you know that Dunn Bros coffee offers coconut milk for their drinks? I just found this out and was super excited! I know that many of you aren’t in Dunn Bros market area (so sad!) but, for those of you that are, you might be glad to know that you can get your favorite drink with coconut milk. And no, they didn’t pay me to tell you :). I just think it’s super cool!
- 4 oz. coconut milk
- 4 oz. strong coffee
- 1-2 oz. coconut rum
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Heat coconut milk on the stove, frothing with a hand frother. (if you have an espresso machine, use your frothing wand). Heat only to 145 degrees.
- While your milk is heating, make your coffee.
- Put rum and brown sugar in a mug, add your coffee and stir.
- Pour your frothed milk on top.
- Sprinkle with coconut shavings if desired.
A candy thermometer or meat thermometer works great for reading the temperature! If you don't have either, trial and error works, too!