Aren’t you jealous of the coffee model? She just looks so bright and summery and lucky to be drinking whatever the heck is in that cup of deliciousness. Not only does it have beautiful chocolate shavings on it…it has a straw. Straws always mean good things. Well, here’s a secret: a couple of them actually; you can put a straw in anything, she’s drinking German coffee, it’s delicious, and it’s 3 ingredients. (if you want that glass mug, go here. Warning, though: It’s adorable, but loses heat quickly.)
“We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.” Find our full disclosure here.
- a straw, whipped cream, and chocolate drizzle can make the most ordinary hot drink feel special!
No steaming, espresso machine, or weird ingredients.
Because it’s the worst when people show you gorgeous photos of food and then you not only have to get the ingredients (’cause they’re awkward things no one should keep around), but you are also expected to have kitchen gadgets. In tiny kitchens. Seriously. That’s just cruel.
So this recipe is different. No gadgets.
Coffee. Ice cream. Whipped cream.
See…the Germans are absolute geniuses. They found a way to combine the three best things in the universe into one heavenly cup of joe.
And yes, this coffee is bad for you. It’s calorie filled. But it’s worth it. Skip the cake and have this instead. Because you can do that (if that’s important to you). Because something this delicious belongs in your world.
- A small bit of a gourmet dessert beats out a big bowl of ice cream, every time!
It belongs in our world…Often.
To make German Coffee:
- Brew 8 oz of coffee and chill it in the freezer for 15 minutes. You could also leave it in the fridge for a couple hours.
- Put 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream in a mug.
- Pour chilled coffee on top of the ice cream.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
- We don’t own a drip coffee maker or espresso machine. We use a [easyazon_link identifier=”B000I1WP7W” locale=”US”]Chemex[/easyazon_link]. Or a [easyazon_link identifier=”B00JE36GLQ” locale=”US”]French Press[/easyazon_link]. No need to have fancy tools to have fancy treats!
If you like this German coffee drink, you might also enjoy:
And if you’re someone who’d rather eat the cake than drink German coffee (you weirdos!)…might we recommend desert island chocolate cake?