This is a quick and easy dessert that serves just one. Perfect for when you are looking for a sweet midnight snack or your kids want an after-school treat. You can make up a microwave brownie-in-a-mug in about three minutes with ingredients you already have in your pantry...
And you can mix up the whole brownie recipe IN the mug (no extra dishes...score!) with a few quick and easy steps...
Seriously, this brownie was about 3 minutes. Including the cooking! Kinda like a glorified Easy Bake recipe...don't you think? Please tell me I'm not the only one old enough to remember those guys. With their dangerous exposed light-bulbs, super expensive mixes, and little girls begging their parents for one?
Walah... a tasty, chocolatey, gooey brownie! All made up during the next commercial!
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch salt
- 2 Tbsp canola or other mild vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp milk coffee or water
- 2 Tbsp chopped dark chocolate or chopped pecans optional
- In a heatproof mug, stir together the dry ingredients until no lumps remain. Stir in the oil and milk. Stir in the chopped chocolate or nuts, if you’re using them.
- Microwave on high for a minute, checking it after 30 seconds – it will be done when it’s springy on top but still a bit gooey – like the very best brownie. Usually about 3 minutes.
If you are looking for fast, easy, and simple recipes like this you shouldn't miss our Lazy Baker ENTIRE CATEGORY full of short-cut recipes. Like pull-apart breads, petit fours, and even Grandma's fudge. These recipes are meant for those that are a bit gun-shy in the kitchen and still gaining confidence in their cooking skills. We hear ya. No need to fuss and stress...use our cheater recipes to look like a kitchen super star!