Confession time: I love gas station taquitos. You know, the ones on the heater-roller that sometimes look like they’ve been sitting out there for hours? But even so, I don’t care. I still love them.
Recreating these taquitos at home was a no-brainer. I ended up with something that was delicious and fresher tasting – made more awesome with the addition of a creamy avocado dip. I think you’re going to love them. No trip to the gas station necessary!
These taquitos are made with corn tortillas, but you can certainly use flour tortillas if that’s what you have on hand. You can even make your own (bonus, they’re just 5 cents each!)
Now it’s your confession time: Do you have any guilty pleasure foods that you shouldn’t like but you do? Please
share confess below!
Baked Chicken TaquitosPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeno peppers chopped
- 1 tablespoon juice from jar of pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 large corn tortilla shells
- Make filling: Mix all ingredients except tortilla shells together in a large mixing bowl.
- Assemble and bake: Preheat oven to 375F. Heat tortillas in the microwave for 10 seconds to soften. Place two heaping tablespoons of filling on the side of the tortilla. Roll and place on a baking sheet, seam side down. Secure with a toothpick if necessary. Repeat until all taquitos are rolled. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve warm with avocado dipping sauce.
Avocado Dipping SaucePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Pinch of salt
- 1 yellow tomato chopped
- Mash avocado with a fork. Stir in yogurt, garlic, lime juice, salt, and tomatoes. Serve chilled.