When apple season rolls around you'll be looking for delicious, and interesting apple recipes. These blondies are easy to make with juicy apples, sweet cake, and decadent brown butter flavor. Perfect with a cup of cider!
When pears are in season try swapping the fresh apples for fresh pears. They are both delicious in this recipe!
- Chopped Apples. Granny smith apples are my favorite for this recipe but most any kind of apples will work just fine to give you those yummy apple chunks.
- Butter. These blondies get their decadent flavor from that browned butter. So good!
- Maple syrup. Just a bit of maple syrup brings even more wonderful fall flavors to these. Make sure to use pure maple syrup!
- Cinnamon. Heck yes! Apple and cinnamon is always a thing.
- Brown sugar. Brown sugar instead of white sugar helps give these buttery blondies even more caramel-y goodness. Use light brown sugar or dark, both will work great.
yeah, me too.
Swap out traditional all purpose flour with a 1 for 1 Gluten Free Baking flour without any problems, at all!
How to make brown butter apple blondies:
- Tip: line the bottom of a cake pan with parchment paper and you can remove the whole batch of brownies from the pan in one lift.
- Mix up the apples, maple syrup, cinnamon and butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly for around 8 minutes or until you get that lovely browned butter situation (more details in the recipe card). Let the mixture cool down completely.
- Add the brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, baking powder and flour into a large bowl. Add the cooled apple mixture. Stir until it's just mixed.
- Add the blondie batter to a pan and bake in the oven. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce for the ultimate treat!
Cool them to room temperature before putting them into an airtight container, or wrapping the pan with plastic wrap. You can store them on the counter for about 5 days. They freeze very well, if desired. Simply bring them back to room temp on the counter.
These are a delicious treat for the fall apple season or, frankly, any time of the year. Apples are readily available all year long so...why not enjoy that fall flavor anytime you want?
I'll go grab my pumpkin spice latte and head to the orchard for apple picking. Then head home to make up these blondies. Truly, could there be a better day?
- 1 Cup butter
- 2 Apples peeled, cored and diced
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- 2 ¼ Cup flour
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ Cups brown sugar
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a baking pan and set aside.
- Place the apples, maple syrup, cinnamon and butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly for around 8 minutes or until the butter is fragrant and just beginning to brown. Remove from heat and let it cool down completely.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, baking powder and flour. Stir until just barely incorporated.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan and take to the oven. Bake for 330 minutes or until done.
You can also add white chocolate chips, toffee bits, walnuts or pecans. All combinations are delicious.