Feed your family a wholesome, tasty meal with this Crock Pot Beef Brisket recipe. You can serve the meat with some of your favorite sides, such as mashed potatoes and green beans. You only need 3 ingredients to make this simple recipe in your Crock Pot.
Looking for a traditional Sunday roast recipe? Try my Oven Pot Roast for rave reviews from the whole family!
What Is Crock Pot Brisket?
The Crock Pot Beef Brisket is a simple yet delicious meal that you can serve your loved ones. A brisket is a beef cut with a slightly thick and chewy texture. While there are different ways to prepare it, making slow cooker brisket is one of the simplest methods that will leave you with a moist and delicious brisket to enjoy.
Brisket is a classic BBQ food that is super easy to make in your crock pot. It creates a fork tender meat that is perfect for serving a crowd. The low heat and long cooking time breaks down the connective tissues to create a super tender meat from a tough cut of meat (and inexpensive!) without a lot of effort.
Where Does Brisket Come From?
Brisket is a cut of beef that comes from the lower chest region of the cow. It is a thick cut of meat easily found at your grocery stores that is best cooked slowly to help break down the meat. A pressure cooker or slow cooker recipe is a great recipe for an easy way to get the best results!
Crock Pot Beef Brisket Ingredients
When preparing the slow cooker BBQ brisket, you should have the following ingredients ready to use:
- Beef Brisket. Trim it down before using it. You should make sure your brisket weighs at least five pounds. Leave a little bit of the fat cap on the brisket to help keep it juicy.
- Steak Seasoning. Use your favorite brand of steak seasoning to add flavor to your brisket. You can also try homemade steak seasoning so you can have it on hand!
- Beef Broth. The beef broth gives the brisket more flavor and keeps it from drying out.
Optional ingredient additions:
- Garlic Powder. A teaspoon of garlic powder gives your meat a bit of extra flavor.
- Barbecue Sauce. When I have the time I like to sub some of the beef broth for the barbecue sauce. Or simply add some on top. This works really well if I want to shred any of the brisket for sandwiches the next day.
- Black Pepper. Just a touch of extra black pepper will pump up the flavor.
- Liquid Smoke. A teaspoon or two of liquid smoke added to the beef broth helps deepen the flavor of your meat.
- Onion Powder. Try a teaspoon of onion powder in your beef. Or, minced onion, if you want to take the extra time.
With minimal ingredients, you can create the best Crock Pot beef brisket that you have ever tasted! Once you have gathered all your ingredients you will also need to grab:
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Your trusty slow cooker
How to Make Beef Brisket in the Crock Pot
Making the Crock Pot Beef Brisket is simple. Follow the steps below to create a tasty meal for the family.
Step One: Remove the brisket from the package. Dry it off with a clean towel before coating it with your steak seasoning. You will want to evenly coat all sides of your brisket.
Step Two: Put your brisket in the slow cooker. Add your beef broth to the slow cooker. Your brisket does not need to be submerged in liquid. The brisket will release its own juices while cooking, helping to keep the meat flavorful and moist.
Step Three: Cook on high for six hours or low for up to nine hours of slow cooking. You want to make sure that you are cooking until the meat is fork tender. This means you are able to peel the meat away with just your fork. No knife needed for this tender beef brisket!
Step Four: Take your brisket out of the slow cooker, set it on a cutting board, and leave it there to rest for about 10 minutes. Begin slicing into it and then serve the brisket. You want to slice against the grain.
Side Dish Suggestions
Not sure what to serve alongside your crock pot brisket? The brisket will taste great with potatoes, mac and cheese, and other flavorful sides. Check out some of the following recipes for incredible sides:
- The Best Mashed Potatoes
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Whiskey Brown Sugar Glaze Carrots
- Crock Pot Baked Beans
How to Store Leftover Brisket
Place any leftovers in a airtight container. Place the container in your fridge to keep the brisket fresh for up to four days. You can reheat it in the microwave, on the stove top or in the oven.
Can I Freeze Beef Brisket?
You can freeze the beef brisket if you need to save it a bit longer than four days. Brisket typically remains fresh when kept in the freezer for up to three months, if stored properly. I suggest placing the cooked and cooled beef brisket in a Ziplock bag wrapped with plastic wrap. Remove all the air from the bag and place it in the freezer. To re-heat, allow to thaw in the refrigerator. Warm in the microwave, oven or on the stovetop.
Other Crock Pot Recipes to Try
If you enjoy preparing simple meals that taste great using the Crock Pot, check out some of these other recipes:
- Sweet and Spicy Crock Pot Meatballs
- Crock Pot Baked Beans With Bacon
- CrockPot Strawberry Dump Cake
- Crockpot Creamed Corn
For busy weeknights, this recipe gets thrown together in the morning before I start work and does its cooking thing all day long. I pull it out, whip up a quick side, and have a yummy and tasty dinner. That first cut...everyone comes running. Although, I usually snitch that first bite ;).
Crock Pot Beef Brisket Recipe
- 5-6 pounds beef brisket trimmed
- 2 tablespoons steak seasoning
- ½-1 cup beef broth
- Pat your brisket dry with paper towels. Coat the entire brisket with the seasoning.
- Place the seasoned brisket in the crock pot.
- Pour in the beef broth.
- Cook on high for 6 hours or low 8-9 hours.
- Remove the brisket after cooking and place on a cutting board. Allow to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Slice against the grain and serve with your favorite side.