Maybe you are one of those super mom’s that has all your kids’ art projects and papers neatly organized. I’ve done 1 or 2 “art photo books” and thought I was SUCH a super hero! But, being honest, most of the time Levi’s works of arts are organized in one simple way…the fridge. Heck, if I’m feeling really “supermomish” I might even put it on the fridge neatly (gasp!). So in my home, a set of these puzzle fridge magnets is the sure-fire way to make the “fridge art display” a hit!
“We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.” Go here for our full disclosure.
The supplies that you need are quite simple and easy to find…
- puzzle with low piece count. (you want one with large pieces) No more than 24 pieces!
- magnet roll, sheet, or small magnets
- super glue or hot glue
- dowel and a way to cut the dowel, or buy the pre-cut wood bits (at your craft store or home improvement store)
- Glue your magnet bits to the back of your puzzle. Be sure to use plenty of glue. Also be sure that your magnet is large enough to hold the size piece you are working with.
- Glue your wood bit to the front of your puzzle. Again be sure to use plenty of glue.
- If you like, use colored Sharpies, paint pens, or paint to color the tops of the wood bits.
Yes, it really is as easy as that.
A few tips: be sure your magnets are good and strong. Try to keep your wood bits flat on the part that is glued to the puzzle so that all parts of it will adhere properly. Don’t use flimsy puzzle pieces, they won’t hold up nicely when the puzzle is put together on the fridge.
I chose to package mine in a sweet little burlap bag and handmade tag. A small box, small bag, even brown bag nicely decorated would be a lovely way to give this sweet gift! These puzzle magnets are quick & easy to make, don’t cost an arm and a leg, and are a sweet addition to your fridge!
More crafts you might like:
garden rock caterpillar