We have updated the photo and recipe for this pumpkin pie post which first appeared in 2013 (though we left many original photos as well). This recipe is amazing and delicious! We want to bring it back to your attention so you can add it to your fall line-up. It’s easy to make with fantastic results…
We were at the store the other day and my Levi begs for a pie pumpkin to make pumpkin pie. “He’s sooo cute”. he said. The pumpkin is so cute? Really? Could you resist? Well, neither could I. We took the pumpkin home and he promptly did this with a Sharpie…
But, he is a happy boy. And he brushes his teeth…most of the time…
Pumpkin Gingersnap Pie
- Basic Pumpkin Pie use your favorite if you have one
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups pumpkin puree this is the same as a 15 oz. can if you want to use that
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 eggs
- frozen pie crust
- 1 cup Gingersnaps
- 1/2 cup Pecans
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Mix all the ingredients together and pour into the pie shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350 F and continue baking for 40 minutes.
- While baking, pulverize your gingersnaps and pecans together in a blender.
- When the pie is just set (near the end of the 40 minutes at 350 F), add the topping.
- Continue baking until golden brown, about 5-10 more minutes.
- Let cool before cutting.