Easy Summer Tomato Salad
A quick and easy recipe perfect for using fresh summer produce! Recipe: 1 cucumber, de-seeded and chunked 5 – 6 Roma tomatoes, chunked 1/4 red onion, chunked 1/4 cup sliced green onions 6 -8 basil leaves, chiffonade 3/4 cup olive oil 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar 1 tablespoon brown sugar or honey 2 teaspoons salt (more to taste) 1 teaspoon pepper 4 ounces or so of mozzarella balls In a large bowl, mix the cucumber, tomatoes, onion, and mozzarella balls together. In a separate bowl whisk the olive oil, vineagar, brown sugar, salt, pepper, green onions, and basil leaves together. Pour the oil mixture into the tomato mixture and mix well Cover the bowl and set in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.Posted by The NellieBellie Kitchen on Tuesday, July 7, 2020
Easy, fresh, full of flavor, and the perfect use for all of that beautiful summer produce…this marinated tomato salad whips up in a quick hurry and uses simple, fresh, and easy ingredients. You’ll be making this all summer long!
Tip: this salad is a great recipe to try out a flavored balsamic vinegar!
Cherry tomatoes, roma tomatoes, or plum tomatoes work best in this salad. Save those gorgeous heirloom tomatoes for slicing and eating raw.
Do you have an abundance of fresh tomatoes, like I do? Try making charred tomato salsa or my Puff Pastry tomato tart. Two of my favorite recipes for using summer tomatoes!
easy Marinated Tomato Salad
- 1 cucumber de-seeded and chunked
- 5 – 6 Roma tomatoes chunked
- 1/4 red onion chunked
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 6 -8 basil leaves chiffonade
- 1/2 cup olive oil 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup olive oil. Start with 1/2 cup and add more, if desired
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or honey
- 2 teaspoons salt more to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces or so of mozzarella balls
- In a large bowl, mix the cucumber, tomatoes, onion, and mozzarella balls together.
- In a separate bowl whisk the olive oil, vineagar, brown sugar, salt, pepper, green onions, and basil leaves together.
- Pour the oil mixture into the tomato mixture and mix well
- Cover the bowl and set in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.