Easy, fresh, full of flavor, and the perfect use for all of that beautiful summer produce...this marinated tomato salad whips up in a quick hurry and uses simple, fresh, and easy ingredients. You'll be making this all summer long!
Tip: this salad is a great recipe to try out a flavored balsamic vinegar!
Cherry tomatoes, roma tomatoes, or plum tomatoes work best in this salad. Save those gorgeous heirloom tomatoes for slicing and eating raw.
Do you have an abundance of fresh tomatoes, like I do? Try making charred tomato salsa or my Puff Pastry tomato tart. Two of my favorite recipes for using summer tomatoes!
easy Marinated Tomato Salad
- 1 cucumber de-seeded and chunked
- 5 - 6 Roma tomatoes chunked
- ¼ red onion chunked
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 6 -8 basil leaves chiffonade
- ½ cup olive oil ½ cup to ¾ cup olive oil. Start with ½ cup and add more, if desired
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or honey
- 2 teaspoons salt more to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces or so of mozzarella balls
- In a large bowl, mix the cucumber, tomatoes, onion, and mozzarella balls together.
- In a separate bowl whisk the olive oil, vineagar, brown sugar, salt, pepper, green onions, and basil leaves together.
- Pour the oil mixture into the tomato mixture and mix well
- Cover the bowl and set in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
2 thoughts on “easy Marinated Tomato Salad (great for garden produce!)”
Thank you! Grammar is not my strong suit. I've come a long way but have a long way to go.
The recipe looks delicious. But there is no “your’s.” Yours is sufficient. An old grammar teacher.