An easy frozen margarita with sweet strawberry and fresh basil flavor. Grab your blender and favorite tequila and make up this yummy frozen cocktail!
I'm going to keep this very short and get you straight to this recipe. Because, if you are looking for a margarita recipe, you have reasons :).
Note: we have a fantastic Homemade Margarita Mix recipe. I keep a batch of in the fridge so I can have quick Margarita's whenever I like.
A couple quick tips about making frozen margarita's:
- If at all possible, pop your margarita glasses into the freezer until ready to serve. It will dramatically increase the time they stay nice and frozen. Better yet, grab THESE MARGARITA GLASSES specifically made for keeping your margarita frozen.
- You can use fresh strawberries instead of frozen but be aware that you might not get as "frozen" of a cocktail. Those frozen berries help keep this nice and cold with the need for more ice (and then diluting the flavor, as the ice melts).
- Fresh basil is a must. If you don't have it, just remove it from the recipe rather then using dried. You are better off with a really good strawberry margarita than a crappy strawberry basil margarita. Trust me on this.
- Silver tequila is the gold standard for good margaritas. Don't use gold tequila.
- If you would like to reduce the alcohol content skip the triple sec and use a fruit juice like orange juice, instead.
Have fun! And tweak and twist this recipe to make it your own perfect frozen margarita recipe. Try increasing the strawberries or the alcohol. Or rimming the glass with a bit of spicy sugar. Happy cocktail making!
Strawberry Basil Margarita
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- ⅓ cup triple sec
- ⅓ cup tequila
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 7 basil leaves
- 1 cup ice cubes
- In a blender, place 2 basil leaves, frozen strawberries, triple sec, ice, and tequila. Blend well.
- Sugar the rim of the glass and pour in margarita mixture. Top off with basil leaves.
Other margarita recipes you'll love:
These Orange Jalapeno Margarita's are amazing!! Sooo good.
A Rhubarb Margarita is everything you need this spring! Easy to make this rhubarb simple syrup.
Make up your own homemade margarita mix and you'll be ready for the party with little effort!
These Watermelon Margarita Slushie's are easy to make and perfect for summer barbecues!
Sometimes a girl wants a margarita with a few less calories. This Skinny Margarita recipe is just what you need!