First, if you are in my family and your name starts with a D or a C…go away. and pretend to be surprised. and do the proper amount of oohing and aahing.
Second, this is a simple, quick little gift. it’s the perfect way to personalize a gift. or…to BE the gift. These DIY snow globe ornaments are adorable and sweet!
Third, there is no third. I just believe you shouldn’t have a first or second without a third. it seems dumb. and I don’t do dumb. at least not on purpose.
“We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.” Find our full disclosure here.
- [easyazon_link identifier="B002Z1WFVE" locale="US"]
- clear ornaments
- [easyazon_link identifier="B000XZY0OY" locale="US"]snowflakes[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier="B075FRDYZR" locale="US"]trees[/easyazon_link]
- hot glue gun and hot glue
- Optional: Snow effect spray
- Take the top off your ornament.
- Put a bit of hot glue on the bottom of a mini tree. Plop it as straight as you can into the globe. Note: you gotta move fast on this part because otherwise your tree will stick where you don’t want it.
- Put in your glitter and snow, as much as you want.
- For added jazz I put snow effect spray on the outside of the snow globe ornament. This is extra, 'cause it’s cool, but you certainly don’t need it. I used this kind.
You just need a dab of the hot glue, but like I said earlier, move FAST! You go to slow and you'll have to start all over, or your trees are going to be in random places in your snow glob and look really odd.
Why on earth is there a skewer in the picture?? Because this is a great tool to scoot that tree where you want it BEFORE the glue dries. MOVE FAST. speedmaster!
I used a make-shift funnel to make getting the glitter into the globe an easier process. No reason to work harder when you can work smarter!
That’s what it looks like when the snow effect spray is wet. pretty cool!
For added personalization you can add initials with letter stencils and multi-purpose paint.
Tip: do a better job then me. I really stink at stencils. stink.
You can also tie a bit of tulle around the top, add a bead or bedazzle to the bow and…la tee dah you have an extra amazing diy snow globe ornament!
More great ornaments:
And, of course, you don't have to make these. You can buy something like them on Amazon, too. Not as awesome...but hey...some people don't want to sit around making crazy cool diy snow globe ornaments!