As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here
Sometimes I run across something while perusing pretty things that speaks to me. These glitter monogram ornaments from Pottery Barn spoke to me. They said…”you can make these so much cheaper!”. When strange ornaments talk to you, you listen! These are so quick and easy you can crank out several in no time! And no, mine aren’t perfect, magazine quality ornaments. That’s not the point around here. The point is to have cute and fun ornaments for our tree. And these monogram ornaments fit the bill.
And it’s true, these are a very easy and sweet ornament to make. All you need is cardboard, glue, and glitter and you are on your way to a lovely addition to your Christmas tree!
- glue (I use spray glue because it’s fast and easy, any kind that makes glitter stick works!)
- glitter (any kind, any color). I’m a gold lover, myself. But go with whatever matches your tree and mood.
- cardboard (cut your cardboard into letters)
- ribbon, twine, string for hanging
To Make your Monogram Ornament:
- Cut letters out of cardboard.
- Punch holes in the top of the cardboard letters.
- Apply glue, then glitter.
- Use ribbon or twine to add a hangar.
Tip: If you don’t want your glitter to fall all over the place after you create your ornament, a quick spray with clear sealer or a thin coat of ModPodge will make that glitter stay nicely.
These quick and easy glitter monogram ornaments are just a simple, lovely addition to a gift or tree! I made a batch of these, smaller ones, to use for wrapping presents this Christmas. Nothing says “I think you are great” like glitter, gold, and cardboard…don’t you think!
More ornaments you might like: