Vegan, immune boosting, creamy, dairy-free, and totally delicious! This Carrot Ginger Soup has all the healthy ingredients AND tons of flavor. You'll love that it comes together in under 30 minutes with simple, budget-friendly ingredients.
To stretch the soup and make it more creamy try adding 1 cup of coconut milk or sour cream at the very end of the recipe!
Soups becomes a special kind of medicine when made up for our family members suffering a cold or illness. The ingredients are full of nutrition and sickness fighting good stuff. But the really good part, I think, is the love that goes into making soup for someone not feeling love.
Question: if there are 2 people in the world with the same illness and one of them has homemade soup delivered to them by a loved one and the other bears the sickness alone which do you think gets better faster?
Okay, true answer...why would you get better when you have loved ones waiting on you and bringing you yummy food? Let's be real.
But you get the point. Let's be sure to take the time to make some soup for our loved ones that aren't feeling well. It's okay if it comes from a can. But, if it can be this yummy soup...even better!
If you don't have an immersion blender, you can use your upright blender just fine.
Maybe you make a lot of soups and it may be smart for you invest in an immersion blender, however. They aren't terribly expensive and are just so much easier to clean up! This one is inexpensive and even comes with a whisk attachment!
Anyway, this soup begins its life as a broth, of sorts, and with the help of your blender, turns into a delightful creamy soup.
Use fresh ginger, carrots, and parsley for the freshest of flavors. But, not a single soul is going to judge you if you pull out frozen carrots, minced jarred gingers, and dried parsley. Nope... if that's what it takes for you to get a yummy soup made, do it!
Carrot Ginger Soup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6-7 large carrots 1.5 pounds peeled and sliced.
- 1 large onion chopped.
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 cups vegetable stock.
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped.
- 1 tablespoon lime juice could substitute lemon juice or rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder substitute hot sauce or eliminate, if you like
- 2 teaspoons turmeric optional but SOO healthy!
- Add olive oil, carrots, and onion to a large soup pot on med heat.
- Cook together for about 8 minutes, not letting brown, until carrots begin to soften.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil.
- Let simmer about 10 minutes or until carrots are soft.
- Remove from heat and use the immersion blender to puree.
To freeze, let cool completely and then spoon into freezer bags being sure to eliminate as much air as possible from the bag before closing. Label properly and store away. To reheat, thaw in warm water enough to remove soup from bag, place into saucepan on low heat.