These Breakfast Corn dogs are a favorite breakfast for your family! We use pancake mix and breakfast sausage to make these Jimmie Dean knock-off’s fast and easy! So good! If you love breakfast food and fair food like donuts or corn dogs, you’ll adore this recipe!
These breakfast corn dogs are just as good, if not
They are great to make ahead and freeze for a quick grab and go breakfast!
Here in Minnesota, the State Fair is a pretty big deal. In fact, we call it the “The Great Minnesota Get-Together”. So many people come to the fair that it’s the largest state fair in the United States based on daily attendance. The fair is great to see animals, exhibits, show off your skills, or the most popular activity- eating! The fair is most famous for its food, which can often be found on a stick. You can find anything on a stick, from corn dogs (or pronto pups), alligator, lobster, or even a Minnesota staple, tater tot hotdish! In honor of the state fair we have made our own meal on a stick, breakfast! Complete with sausage and pancakes, and best with maple syrup for dipping. We bring you pancake sausage on a stick!
These breakfast corn dogs are warm and fast to eat, and absolutely delicious! We promise that if you can’t get to the MN fair this year you’ll feel like the fair was brought to you.
- Cook your sausage in advance. Although by deep frying the breakfast corndogs they will cook the sausages a little bit and become warm, if you use raw sausage they won’t cook enough for eating. So make sure your sausage is cooked thoroughly before you fry them.
- Choose your favorite kind of sausage and pancake batter. The recipe is essentially the same no matter what batter or sausage you use. We used maple sausage and blueberry pancakes, but you could use regular pancakes and regular sausage, or whatever you please! Make it easy on yourself and use pancake mix!
- Roll the sausages in some of the dry pancake mix before you dip them in the batter. This is because your sausages are probably warm and oily and the mix will help to combat this and will give the batter something to grab onto.
- If you’re using a fryer, put the basket into the oil and then put the corndogs in. This is so they don’t stick to the basket, and is actually how you’re supposed to deep fry most things coated in batter. But we didn’t know this until we tried to figure out how to get our food not to stick.
- Put the stick in the corn dog after you fry it. You might think this seems obvious, but you’d be surprised how often we had to remind ourselves.
Breakfast Corn Dogs (pancake sausage on a stick)Print Pin Rate
- 3 cup pancake mix
- 8 sausages
- Make pancake mix according to recipe for 2 cups of mix. Add 2/3 cup more of mix (add this in small bits so you don’t make it too thick. (This is so the batter is thicker). Leave last of mix to roll the sausages in later.
- Fry sausages until cooked thoroughly. Let sausages cool and pat off excess oil.
- Coat sausages in leftover mix.
- Dip sausages in batter so coated well.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown. Remove from oil.
- Insert stick. Enjoy!
Some similar posts from us and other bloggers:
State Fair Cookies by Dining with Alice
Corn Fritters with Maple Butter by Cheap Recipe Blog
Juicy Lucy Meatballs by NellieBellie
3 Ingredient Homemade Pop Tarts by NellieBellie
Easy Baked Homemade French Fries by NellieBellie