If you are a busy mom managing a household, family, job, and your own non-existent free time than you don’t have time for cleaning. And, if you are lucky enough to have a housekeeper to come in once or twice a month the odds are good that they don’t take care of those random tasks. Those are on you…lucky dog, you. Today we have a quick list of cleaning hacks that will make short work of some of those random cleaning (or in-between cleaning’s) tasks.
- Dissolve hard-removing adhesive (like on jars!) with finger nail polish remover. Lay a paper towel soaked in remover on the adhesive for a minute or two and then scrub.
- Use lemons to remove stains from faucets
Rub the cut lemon directly onto the faucets until spots and stains are removed. Your fixtures will look bright and shiny!
- Use an old, clean, toothbrush to clean your computer keyboard.
It is the perfect size to get into those crevices without causing damage.
- Use play doh to pick up spilled glitter.
Simply roll it around and it will gather all that glitter into itself. Magic! This is a good one to have kids help with.
- Fill a plastic bag with vinegar and put it around your shower head (with a rubber band) to remove stains and build up. Leave it overnight and then take an old toothbrush to brush the scales off.
- Use a lint roller to dust.
Rolling a lint roller along your shelves and frames will not only dust but pick up the dust along the way.
- Line your toaster tray with foil for easy cleanup.
IF you don’t have a toaster tray think about using a small aluminum tray to contain the crumbs.
- Use tape to pick up crumbs or other tiny objects
If you don’t have playdough around simply use tape to pick up glitter and other small objects.
- Microwave a damp sponge for 2 minutes and then use it to wipe your microwave clean.
The sponge will steam your microwave while it is in and make it simple to wipe clean.
- To clean your coffeemaker, run one part vinegar and one part water through a brew cycle.
Run one more cycle without anything in it to rinse it completely. You’ll have a nice clean coffeemaker without the scrubbing.
- If your garbage disposal starts smelling, run some lemon slices through it.
The lemon will deodorize your disposal.
- If your stainless steel is full of fingerprints, use a soft cloth and some rubbing alcohol to wipe them off.
- Clean a burnt pan by boiling some water with a cup of vinegar in it. Once the mixture boils, add two tablespoons of baking soda. Let it cool and then wipe off the debris.
- Broken glass? After you pick up the larger pieces, use a piece of bread to get the little pieces that are hard to see or pick up.
- To freshen up sneakers, sprinkle some baking soda on the inside and put them into a plastic bag that you seal up as well as possible. Just be sure to tap out the excess baking soda before you wear them.
- Get rid of grease stains by covering them in chalk and then wipe the chalk away with a damp cloth.
- Wipe off your tv or other electronic devices with dryer sheets.
They will become dusted but the dryer sheets will also help to repel dust.
- Need a plastic toy sanitized? Throw it in the dishwasher!
Use the top rack and the delicate cycle to be sure the toys aren’t harmed.
- Fill a spray bottle with vodka and spray your mattress when you’re changing the sheets.
The vodka kills bacteria that might be harbored inside the mattress. Of course, use the cheap stuff.
- Put a dryer sheet inside an air vent to freshen up a room.
Or tuck one into a drawer to freshen the clothes. Tuck them about any area in your home that you would like to keep smelling fresh.