When I put up the recipe for my microwave fudge last year I was unprepared for how much you all were going to love it, share it, come back for the recipe again and again, and pin it. I totally get it…I love it too. I haven’t made a “proper” pan of fudge since using this microwave fudge version. Why? This is so good and far easier. Yes, it’s not going to make your body jump up and down with joy for the nutrients you are providing it. But, really…what homemade fudge recipe is going to do that? It’s about your taste buds, man. And those? Why those think this fudge is “da bomb”!!!
“We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.” Go here for our full disclosure.
The original microwave fudge version (made with leftover Halloween candy mixed in)…
So, today I’m going to give you a holiday version of the basic microwave fudge recipe that I use. A peppermint version. This is so easy I feel a bit ridiculous telling you. You probably already know this and if so…move on. (NOOO, I lied…don’t leave my site! go to a different page, click on my face, heck…click on an ad!) But, just in case you don’t know… I want to show you so that you can be a superhero. And, of course, it’s up to you if you share your secret. You could just keep your fudge recipe to yourself and be “the fudge bringer“. Go you!
Crush inexpensive peppermint candies and stir them into the fudge right before pouring into the pan…it looks amazing and tastes even better!
Peppermint Microwave Fudge
- 1 1/2 bags of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 candy canes
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract optional
- Crush candy canes. (I use a ziplock bag and a doughpin)
- Put all ingredients except crushed candy canes in a large microwave bowl. Be sure to cut the butter into smaller sections so it melts as quickly as the chocolate.
- Cook it up in the microwave until it's melted, stirring every 30 seconds or so. The amount of time this takes can vary, so watch for your chocolate to be smooth.
- When melted, remove from microwave (careful not to burn yourself!)
- Pour into a greased 8 by 8 pan.
- Top with crushed candy canes.