As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here
Sunday mornings require 2 things only. Okay, maybe more like 3 things (does cuddling need to be listed? it seems a given).
2. Tasty treat.
One of the tasty treats in Sunday rotation are these easy Cinnamon Buns. These are so very easy that I can do them in my sleep deprived state of mind (while I wait for my coffee). The secret…frozen bread dough. Makes these fool proof and easy! The ones you see above were made with wheat dough (shhhh…my family doesn’t know) which makes them a bit darker and denser. Use white dough if you prefer…but whatever you choose guaranteed these will be come a fast favorite!
Technically, in order to make these “Cinnamon” buns you need a 4th ingredient…cinnamon. So, I guess the title in the picture kind of makes me a liar. *sigh*. 4 ingredient cinnamon buns.
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough I use Rhodes and sneak the whole-wheat kind--thawed
- 1 stick butter softened.
- brown sugar about 1 cup should do it
- if desired...cinnamon and nuts
- Spray a cupcake pan with baking spray.
- Place about 3/4 tablespoon butter at the bottom of the cupcake pan.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon brown sugar on top. (add 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp nuts, if desired)
- Roll your dough into 1 inch balls.
- Cover the dough balls in butter (you can either melt butter and dip them or just get messy)
- Place 3 buttered dough balls into each part of the cupcake pan.
- Sprinkle with more brown sugar (and cinnamon if desired)
- Pat the brown sugar into the dough.
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 350degrees. (watch them!)
- Wait a couple beats when you take them out and them flip them over. Don't let them cool in the pan!