With only 5 ingredients, this Ham Pasta Salad couldn't be easier, faster, and tastier. Yummy noodles with a creamy dressing, salty ham bits, cheese, and tangy green onions makes the perfect summer salad. One of my personal go-to's all summer long!
Do you have:
✔️ 30 Minutes?
✔️ Pasta, mayo, cheese, and ham?
✔️ Stovetop, water, and pot?
Well then, you can totally make a pasta salad! In fact I think most of us forget how easy they are to make, I know I sure do! Everytime summer comes around and I remember pasta salads I always question why I don't make them more often.
Every time. "Self, why don't you make pasta salads at least once a week?".
I never have a good answer.
Key Ingredients for Ham Pasta Salad:
- Pasta: I like to use small shells for most of my pasta salad because the creamy dressing can hide inside the shells and give each bite some dressing. Also, kids love fun shapes!
- Ham: We stock up on sliced ham when it is on sale, just for using in salads and omelettes.
- Mayo: This recipe calls for mayo but, as in all pasta salads, swap out your favorite creamy base. Salad dressing, Greek yogurt, and even Ranch dressing all work great. Use what you have on hand!
How to make Ham Pasta Salad:
- Stir the cooked pasta in a large bowl stir together the ham, cheese, and green onions.
- Add the mayo and stir gently.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Variations to Ham Pasta Salad:
As with all pasta salad, you can customize them with very little rules. It's all about your family's preferences!
- Different shapes or kinds of pasta. Even gluten-free pasta works great!
- Swap the pasta for cauliflower. You would be amazed at how well it hides as pasta.
- Try a different meat. Keep it salty, like ham. Go for bacon, salami, or prosciutto.
- Change up the cheese. Use a pepper jack or gouda. Try chunking it instead of shredding.
- Add additional veggies like fresh peas, broccoli, bell peppers, and mushrooms.
- Spice it up! Throw in some cayenne pepper, hot sauce, sliced jalapéno, or horseradish if your family loves a good kick of spice.
easy Ham Pasta Salad
- 1 lb small shell pasta
- 8 oz ham cubed small
- 1 cup mayonnaise sub Greek yogurt, if you like
- 1 bunch of green onions sliced thin w/ half of the greens
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain and rinse with cold water until cool
- In a large bowl stir together the ham, cheese, and green onions
- Add half of the pasta and mayonnaise, stir until well combined
- Stir in the remaining pasta and mayonnaise
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Serve and enjoy!