I love a good, tasty dessert! In any form, really. Chocolate, cheesecake, and even fruity...doesn't matter! Make it easy and quick and you have a love affair of epic proportions! So, I a turn with fruit and biscuits and whipped up easy, individual pineapple upside down cake. And, I'm sharing the recipe today... I'm nice that way. Start to finish (including cooking time!) these pineapple upside down cakes took about 30 minutes. And about 2 minutes to eat. They were soooo good!
It doesn't get any easier than these. They take a mere 5 ingredients that you will most likely have already in your kitchen. And of course, if you would rather make your own biscuit dough instead of using a mix...go right ahead! I'm sure it will make these pineapple upside down cakes even MORE amazing!
I use a cupcake pan for mine, a mini bundt pan would be just as cute! Line the bottom with a slice of pineapple and melted butter
Add a dollop of biscuit dough. Or, use refrigerated biscuits. Both work great!
easy Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cakes
Per cupcake tin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- optional: 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1 slice of sliced pineapple
- ¼ prepared biscuit dough or refrigerator biscuit dough use purchased dough, if you like
- Place the butter into each tin and place into oven to pre-heat. (oven should be pre-heated to biscuit directions)
- Add the brown sugar to each tin (and cinnamon and nuts, if using).
- Top the sugar with a slice of pineapple.
- Add the biscuit dough on top and gently press into the sides well so that it is sealed on the edges.
- Bake according to the biscuit directions, minus five minutes. We are decreasing the time of cooking because our biscuits are a bit smaller than traditionally. Still watch these carefully for burning!
- Immediately after taking out of the oven flip them over onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Leave the pan flipped over for a few minutes to allow the wonderful filling to ooze out.
- Serve warm or let cool completely.
Yes, it truly is that easy.