As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here
It seems like a lot of breakfast recipes out there are high-maintenance and take a lot of time to make. I don’t know about you, but I rarely have time to make a fancy breakfast. Most mornings I’m running 10 minutes late and only have time to grab a granola bar and apple.
Deep down, I still want that fancy breakfast. But I’m not willing to get up earlier to get it.
That’s why these easy breakfast tacos are the bomb.
If you have time to fry an egg in the morning, you have time to make these breakfast tacos.
The key is to have your toppings ready to go:
- Tortilla shells – If you have extra time, you can make your own for 5 cents each! For this batch, I used whole wheat flour instead of white flour. They are yummy!
- Hummus – Hummus for breakfast – who would have thought!? I used jalapeno hummus for these tacos. This added great flavor and just the right amount of spice.
- Pico de gallo – Although I love the freshness of the pico de gallo, you could also use salsa on top of your tacos.
- Bacon – To save time, I fry bacon ahead of time and freeze it. To heat up, just pop it in the microwave for a few seconds or heat it in the same pan that you are frying your eggs.
When your ingredients are pre-prepped, all you have to do is fry the egg and assemble the tacos in the morning.
All in all, these breakfast tacos are extremely cheap. When eggs and tortilla shells are the base of your meal, you’re not going to spend much money at all. But no one will know the difference – these things are delicious!
Egg, Hummus and Bacon Breakfast Tacos
- 1 to rtilla shell
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno hummus
- 1 fried egg
- 2 slices bacon fried
- 2 tablespoons pico de gallo or salsa
- For each breakfast taco: Heat tortilla shell in microwave for a couple of seconds. Spread with hummus. Top with fried egg, bacon slices, and pico de gallo.