A summer without a classic BLT salad should just lay down its sunscreen and give up. There is nothing quite like this salad version of the classic BLT sandwich for your summer picnic! Topped with a creamy avocado ranch dressing, it's the perfect summer meal!
Is there anything quite like bacon? Nope. Pretty much not.
Growing up the oldest of 10 kids, bacon wasn't a big part of our home. The stuff is expensive and when you are feeding 12 people, bacon is gold.
BLT sandwiches were special. And usually had a single piece of bacon, cut in half. It was soooo good.
To this day, when I eat BLT sandwiches they make me feel like a rich girl. They are a favorite of mine. Forever and always I will think of BLT sandwiches as for "rich people".
Oh, and avocado. I don't think I even had an avocado until I was grown and out of the house. So this salad...this is a rich person salad, Y'all!
This avocado ranch dressing takes this simple BLT salad recipe over the top. It is soooo good! You'll want to make up a batch for this salad, and a batch to save for later.
Tips to whip this BLT salad up FAST:
- Make up some extra bacon at breakfast to save for this salad.
- Use canned corn but drain it and put it in the fridge to get cold cold cold! (flavor points: throw the corn on a pan to grill up a bit!)
- Make this salad up, sans bacon and dressing, and put a damp paper towel on it while in the fridge. It will stay crisp and fresh for a few hours until you are ready to eat. Then, just put your bacon and dressing on.
BLT Chopped Salad
- 4 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1 large ripe avocado pitted, peeled, and mashed
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dill
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh chives
- Big pinch salt
- Up to ¾ cup whole milk
For the dressing: In a food processor or blender, process the avocado dressing ingredients, adding milk to your desired consistency.
- In a large bowl, toss together romaine lettuce, avocado, tomatoes, corn, and bacon.
- Serve with the avocado ranch.
Other salads you might want to try this summer:
I KNOW! It's totally as good as traditional potato salad. Read the reviews and try it for yourself! | Cauliflower Potato Salad
These ingredients seem a bit strange. But you'll be sold on how TASTY this salad is...and easy! | Watermelon Red Onion Salad
Fresh sweet corn is one of the BEST foods in the summer. This salad tastes like fresh sweet corn but BETTER!! (bonus, you can use canned, if needed) | Roasted Corn Salad