Made in a jar, this Instant Pot banana bread couldn’t be easier, simpler, or tastier! Use your Instant Pot and a few mason jars to create these individual servings of banana bread perfect for weekday breakfast or weekend brunch!
Can I bake with mason jars?
Yes…in some cases. Most mason jars aren’t tempered glass and need a water bath or, in this case, the Instant Pot to be sure that baking with them remains safe.
Can a banana be too ripe for banana bread?
NOOOOOO! No such thing. Black is the best color of banana for banana bread. In fact, throw your bananas in the freezer and let them hang out there until you are ready to bake banana bread. They can stay in there for weeks and blacken up!
Should I mix my banana into the batter fully?
Totally up to you. I prefer having little chunks of banana in my batter but if you don’t like that then feel free to stir the banana in until there aren’t many chunks left. Just don’t overstir or your banana bread will get too dense.
What is the best instant pot for beginners?
Well, I still consider myself a beginner. I mean…what does a pro Instant Pot user make or do? Do they take a class? Get a certificate? All the questions
Anyways…I recommend sticking with the simple, classic 7 in 1 Instant Pot. If you find yourself using it often maybe then upgrade to the fancy pants style? Although, I still have the simple one and love it.
Should you refrigerate Instant Pot banana bread?
I mean, you can. But don’t. Just wrap the jar up nice and tight and let it sit on the counter. If it is super hot in your house…pop it in the fridge so the banana doesn’t get nasty.
Did you know that banana bread tastes better the next day?
True story! Although there is nothing quite like a slab of butter on hot banana bread, holding out on cutting into that loaf for a day will give you the very tastiest bread. The flavors all dance together and meld during that resting time.
Grab a weekend afternoon and make up a batch of Instant Pot Banana bread. Heck…why not make a couple of batches and freeze some for your weekday breakfast?
Instant Pot Banana Bread in a Jar (makes 4 jars)
- Instant Pot
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 lg eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup melted butter cooled slightly
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup mashed banana about three bananas
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, brown and white sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: eggs, butter, milk, and vanilla extract.
- In the large bowl with the dry ingredients, create a well in the center. Pour into the center of the well your wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Add in your mashed bananas to the bread mixture. Mix well.
- Pour one cup of water into your Instant Pot. Place the trivet inside.
- Spray cooking spray inside each jar. Pour in the banana bread mixture evenly amongst 4 jars (I suggest using large mouth, pint size jars).
- Place aluminum foil over each jar. Place each jar on the trivet.
- Close the Instant Pot, and close the vent.
- Cook on High Pressure for 20 minutes and allow it to release manually (should take about 15 minutes).
- Remove the jars carefully from the instant pot using a towel or hot pad. Transfer to a cooling rack. Allow the bread to cool.
- Remove the aluminum foil and enjoy! You can eat straight from the jar with a spoon, or turn the jar upside down on a plate, slice, and serve with butter!