As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here
Is there anything better than a great big Thanksgiving meal? We think so.
Leftovers. In our opinion, the leftovers beat the main meal and we are sure to make far more food then needed simply to be sure that we have plenty of leftovers to make my Grandma’s Turkey Crescent Rolls and these fun sandwiches…
The Thanksgiving meal itself we could do without. But we can’t go without the next-day food creations. This Thanksgiving sandwich is one such creation…and we now make it multiple times a year. It combines all those pieces of the Thanksgiving meal into one single amazing, delicious explosion of flavor. And, if you are smart about how you prepare the pieces of this Thanksgiving sandwich, it doesn’t need to take much time to make. Even if you aren’t using Thanksgiving leftovers!
Thanksgiving Sandwich Ingredients:
- Rolls (we prefer croissants)
- Thick-sliced turkey (we often get ours from the deli)
- Mashed potatoes (pre-made are available in the dairy section)
- Cranberry Sauce (can we admit we use the canned stuff?)
- Gravy (optional)
Thanksgiving Sandwich Directions:
- Make stuffing according to directions on box, if necessary.
- Warm the gravy, and mashed potatoes (we purchased pre-made potatoes in the refrigerated section, you could make your own if you want to be more awesome).
- Spread generous amount of cranberry sauce on both sides of your roll, add turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes to the bottom slice. Place the top on the sandwich. Drizzle the entire sandwich with gravy (if preferred).
We hope that your family sits about the table chowing on this sandwich smiling, chatting, and enjoying themselves. And that the time you saved preparing a fancy supper can instead be spent hearing the latest boy troubles from your girl, or the math woes from your 6th grader. You know…the important stuff. If you need more ideas for quick recipes check out our easy Recipes that Impress.
Save this idea for later…
And if you’re looking for great holiday recipes try:
Turkey Crescent Bundles | These are my FAVORITE way to use leftovers. Sooo good!
Butternut Squash Cake | You would not believe how delicious this cake is.
Cheesy Shepherds Pie | This is the best way to use leftover mashed potatoes. The best comfort food recipe.