Homemade Old Bay Seasoning:
Old Bay Seasoning can be homemade. HECK YES! Here is the homemade recipe featuring dry spices in your pantry!
- ¾ tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 2 teaspoons paprika smoked if you have it!
- 1 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 5 bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground mace or use more nutmeg as a mace substitute
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/16 teaspoon ground cloves
Use a mortar + pestle or spice grinder to grind the celery seed, bay leaves, and red pepper flakes.
Mix everything together.
Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months. Use exactly the same way you would store-bought Old Bay Seasoning.
Mention miznelliebellie or tag #NBRecipes!