“This post is sponsored by delicious Freschetta pizza. But, all opinions, recipes and more for this gluten free pizza party. ”
My sisters, friends and I had a wonderful weekend, this past weekend, celebrating a dear friend! It was the first garden party in my new home and we enjoyed throwing a gluten-free pizza party in celebration of getting outside and trying out our new little yard! A gluten-free pizza party? Absolutely! My friend follows a gluten-free diet and often times feels left out since no one else in our friend group follows this same type of diet, particularly when a cheesy, crispy pizza is involved. How else to honor her than a pizza part that is 100% gluten-free? Our first garden party was a gluten-free pizza party full of pizza treats!
We were even able to keep traditional pizza on the menu thanks to FRESCHETTA® GLUTEN-FREE PIZZA. Pizza appetizers, pizza pizza, and pizza dessert were part of the tasty menu.
I created pizza invites and, of course, a pizza menu (both of which are available for you to download and print for your own pizza menu)…
Several of us gathered in the backyard under the twinkling lights, and amongst freshly planted bushes and flowers, to enjoy an absolutely perfect spring evening. We had the boys serve us each course while we sat and laughed, ate, and enjoyed the delicious food. And gosh….it was amazing!
We had Zucchini Pizza bites…
Of course, gluten-free pizza from Freschetta. Which, by the way, has a delicious crispy gluten-free crust and cheesy top!!
And topped the whole party off with mini pizza fruit desserts…
This party was wonderful to throw; each dish was simple to make, budget-friendly, and utterly delicious! I was able to make the food ahead, warm it as needed, and spend the evening enjoying the company and scenery. If you or someone you love is gluten-free, like my friend, try out the gluten-free pizzas from Freschetta. You’ll be so glad to have pizza back in your life! And, of course, throw someone you love a pizza party on a beautiful summer evening. Good pizza should be shared with loved ones.
Where to find your Freschetta Pizza: Freschetta pizza
You can find the recipes from our Gluten free pizza party listed below for you to try for yourself:
- Slices of zucchini (about 1/2 inch thick)
- about 1 inch by 1 inch slice of soft mozzarella cheese per zucchini slice
- 1 cherry tomato per zucchini slice (sliced in half)
- 1 small basil leaf per zucchini slice
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350degrees
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray
- Put down the zucchini slices, first.
- Then top the zucchini with the cheese.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until the zucchini is tender (don't overbake) and the cheese is melted.
- Top with halfed cherry tomatoes, fresh basil leaf, and salt & pepper.
- These are good served hot or cold but not room temperature.
- 1 zucchini does about 12-16 bites, needs 1 small ball of mozzarella cheese, 12 tomatoes, and 12 basil leaves.
- 1 14 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1/2 jar your favorite pasta sauce (about 14 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese OR sliced mozzarella cheese
- about 8 pepperoni slices, cut in half.
- In a medium-sized saucepan pour the sauces together.
- Add the basil, italian seasoning, about 1 tablespoon of salt and a dash of pepper.
- Heat until warm.
- Pour the soup into ramekins, oven-safe bowls, or mason jars (in a water bath!).
- Top with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
- Bake in the oven at 450degrees until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Remind your guests that the serving dishes are hot!
- 6 gluten-free sugar cookies (use purchased or homemade)
- 1 cup mixed fresh berries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- fresh mint, chopped
- soft cream cheese spread
- Top the sugar cookies with the cream cheese spread.
- Add fresh berries
- and almonds.
- Top with freshly chopped mint.