As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here
Have you seen the cost of beauty products lately? Just hang on, let me go get my first born. What? Still not enough? I just got one more kid left. That should be enough to get me at least a mascara?? You laugh. But, you feel me. You know it’s true. But today we are going to save money, look good, and never leave our home!
These kitchen ingredients will become your go-to beauty products. And the best part…these are fast and easy uses that are perfect for busy moms with limited time!
Have you tried our DIY Setting Spray, yet? It’s a reader favorite!
Before you head to the beauty store or local department store you should open your kitchen cabinets and look for these everyday kitchen supplies.
This stuff is a miracle. It’s multi-purpose and amazing at everything it does. It is a magical little wonder. Here are only a few of our favorite ways to use this lovely smelling product…
- Hair Mask.
- Cuticle Oil.
- Shaving Oil
- Eye makeup remover
- Use coconut oil about once a week as a hair mask. In the winter, I apply it to all of my hair, braid my hair and sleep on it. In the summer I rub a bit between my palms and then on the ends of my hair. Does it get oily? Yes. If you slobber it all over and leave it. That’s why you put it in at night and wash in the morning. Or rub it only on your ends (where my hair tends to be dry).
- Many, many women swear by coconut oil as a moisturizer for face, hands, body…everything! We agree. It works great!! Try it and see if you love it as much! For those in winter climates that go through VATS of moisturizer in the cold months, you should switch to coconut oil. You’ll be so pleased you did!.
- Rub a bit of coconut oil on your fingernails for a natural cuticle oil. Softens them wonderfully.
- Coconut oil can help give you a nice close shave while adding much-needed moisturizer to your skin at the same time.
- As a makeup remover, coconut oil is genius! It’s gentle and moisturizing. However, for water-proof makeup, you will still need to pull out the special remover made for water-proof makeup.
Coconut Oil and Honey Face Mask
- 1 part honey
- 1 part coconut oil
- Mix well together and apply to the face avoiding the eye area.
- Leave for 15-20 minutes.
- Wipe off with warm cloth. Rinse.
- Shrinks bags under eyes.
- Varicose veins
- Witch Hazel on a cotton ball works great as a natural toner. For drier skin dilute the witch hazel, first.
- Apply a bit of it under your eyes when those bags need some shrinking. The witch hazel causes the blood vessels to shrink which helps eliminate those bags. Don’t get it in your eyes!
- For the same reasons as above, witch hazel is excellent for shrinking varicose veins. Soak a cotton cloth in witch hazel and apply it to your veins. Elevate your legs and feet first.
- Apply witch hazel before shaving to reduce razor burn.
- Hair lightener
- Shiny hair
- Nail brightener
- The old stand by of spraying lemon juice on your hair before going outside to lighten your hair is well known. For good reason. It works!
- Did you know that rinsing your hair with lemon juice is great to create shine!
- Applying a bit of lemon juice on your nails and leaving it for 10-15 minutes will brighten up your nails!
- Another great pick for a toner as well…apply a bit to a cotton ball and dab. Lemon juice brightens and clears your skin.
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Mix the coconut oil with the lemon juice and apply to the face.
- The lemon juice will brighten and tone your skin while the coconut oil moisturizes.
- Mild exfoliant
- Sunburn treatment
- Hair mask
- Spread a small amount of yogurt (mix it with honey for a bonus!) on your face, gently rub in circles for a mild exfoliant. Gently slough off dead skin. I have some yogurt it the fridge waiting for me!
- Thanks to the lactic acid in yogurt packing some on a sunburn for about 15 minutes will provide good relief.
Yogurt, Honey, and Coconut deep condition Hair Mask
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- small bit of liquid coconut oil (about 1 teaspoon) (use less for oily hair)
- Combine ingredients together.
- Apply to hair and leave for about 15-20 minutes.
- Mild exfoliant
- Teeth whitener
- Cut a strawberry in half and rub it on your face in a circular motion…exfoliant! Of course rinse well, afterwards.
- Smash those strawberries up and rub them into your teeth…stains be gone!
Strawberry Yogurt exfoliating face mask
- 2 tablespoons un-sweetened yogurt
- 2 tablespoons smashed strawberries
- Mix well.
- Gently apply to face in a circular motion.
- Leave on for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse well with warm water
- Bath soak.
- Face Mask
- Body Scrub
- Run a bath, put in a cup of oatmeal and a bit of honey and soak your cares away! Just be sure to clean that tub afterwards!
- For a face mask, mix a bit of oatmeal with water and apply it to your face. Add a bit of honey to the mixture…bonus!
- The same mixture works great as a body scrub.
- Hair Rinse
- Sooth itchy skin
- Toner (1/2 water 1/2 vinegar)
- Sunburn relief
- Vinegar works wonderfully as a rinse for hair. Use it often to as a clarifier. A cheap one. Mix 1 cup of water with 2 tablespoons of vinegar and rinse your hair.
- Vinegar applied to itchy skin soothes. Even better, a bit of vinegar in the bath is great for all-over itchy skin.
- Vinegar is another all natural toner. It is a good idea to dilute it, first. 1 part vinegar to 2 parts water.
- Vinegar is a wonderful soother for sunburns. 1/4 cup vinegar with 2 cups of water.
So, next time you want to go buy new beauty products maybe you’ll take a peek in your kitchen. Save yourself some money, look beautiful, and smell fabulous too!