First up..those eyeballs. They are fun.
Here’s the tutorial…
1. grab a styrofoam ball and dig a hole in it to stick a google eye into.
2. cover the google eye with ModPodge Dimensional Magic. It takes a day or so to dry.
3. Paint the ball white. Using a sharpie add red “veins”. Cover with antique ModPodge.
4. Okay, now you have yellowish, droopy, yucky eyeballs. But they they are perfectly round.
So, take a hammer and give them some weird shapes. It’s okay if they aren’t perfect.
5. Cover the whole shabang in glow in the dark ModPodge…for fun. It’s not really needed. But, it’s cool!
The final product…
To make specimen jars you need a couple of things…
- old labels.
- food coloring.
- random plastic animal, or veggie, or something.
- Type something up on Word. Choose a old typewriter font. Use strange latin words.
- Then…stick it on your jar with Antique ModPodge.
- And smear that jar with the stuff.
this will create a cool “old jar” effect. Awesome!
For dry specimen (like eyeballs) stick some fake plants and moss in there.
To create wet specimen…
- put a drop of food coloring in water
- shove that “item” in there.That’s all. You are done. Now take pictures of your creepy stuff!
Did you like the products used here? Check these out…
I wrote this post as part of a paid campaign with BluePrint Social and ModPodge. The opinions in this post are all mine…of course…doh!
Here are some more great ModPodge crafts…find one you love!
Linking this post up at these happening places…