blueberry pancake cupcakes! These are on the ridiculous side of recipes. Not necessarily simple. Not healthy. But, sometimes…sometimes you just want to make a cupcake. Sometimes it is your happy place. The place where stress moves aside for a bit. What’s your happy place?
These cupcakes taste like the real thing. Like blueberry pancakes. It’s amazing! They are amazing. Worth every non-stressful cupcake moment. (truthfully, I’ve made many a cupcake that didn’t taste amazing that was STILL worth every moment. Every. Moment.)
And ignore the red, green, and white liners…I’m out of cutesy liners.
Christmas it was.
- watch for seasonal liners and baking supplies to go on clearance. If your friends or family care that you are serving tasty cupcakes in Christmas liners…get new ones! (friends and family, not cupcakes…that is.)
Vanilla Buttermilk Cupcake
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
Mix ingredients together in small bowl.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter (at room temperature)
Beat sugar and butter together.
- 1 large egg
- 3 tsp vanilla
Add into sugar and butter mixture. Beat well.
- 1 cup buttermilk (I use 1 cup milk and add 2 tablespoons lemon juice, letting it sit a couple minutes)
Add flour mixture and buttermilk into the butter and sugar mixture in turns (1/2 of the buttermilk, 1/2 dry…so on)
Gently fold in 1 1/2 cups of frozen blueberries.
Divide batter evenly into 12 cupcake liners and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out dry.
Cool completely. With a spoon scoop out the centers of the cupcakes.
Maple Whipped Cream filling
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (add more or less to taste)
- Beat with electric mixer until the consistency is thick.
- Add more syrup to taste.
- Scoop filling into the centers of the cupcakes.
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 stick softened butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Beat with electric mixer.
- Add more milk to thin, add more powdered sugar to thicken… until you reach your optimal frosting consistency.
- Pipe onto top of cupcakes.
- a ziplock bag with the corner cut works great for a pastry bag!
These blueberry pancake cupcakes are best when chilled a bit, with fresh blueberries on top and a dash of cinnamon.
Get ready for the hugs, kisses, and awards!
(This post was written many moons ago when NellieBellie was still Hating Martha. This is a great recipe and we left it on the site. We love it so)