We love deviled eggs, like most do. They are easy to make, easy to transport, and delicious to eat! We love the classic version but our favorite version of the deviled egg is this Spicy Deviled Eggs recipe. This recipe changes up a few ingredients for a great-tasting recipe. It’s especially fantastic to bring this version to parties and get-together s for a fun variety. There is always a request or two for the recipe.
Check out the Facebook Live video making this recipe (and you gotta love my face :)).
If you don’t know how to make traditional deviled eggs, it’s easy. We have a great tutorial for a basic deviled egg that walks you through the easy steps. Check that out…we’ll wait!
Subbing out Greek yogurt for the mayo in the traditional recipe lightens up this version and gives it a fresh taste. We added horseradish and used Dijon style mustard instead of the traditional yellow. We top ours with chili powder and a crouton to elevate the whole recipe a bit and make it look amazing!
If you don’t like the extra spice of chili powder, traditional paprika works well, too. The point is to give a great color. You could also use parsley or chopped chives for green coloring.
All of these changes are optional, and you can definitely choose just to make one or two of these changes and keep everything else traditional. It’s completely your choice! You know how you and your family like your deviled egg.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs peeled and cut in half length-wise
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard brown mustard works as well
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- splash of vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- optional: chili powder and croutons
- Remove the egg yolk from the hard-boiled eggs and place in medium bowl. Mash well.
- Add remainder of ingredients to the bowl. Mix well.
- Spoon filling into empty eggs.
- Top with chili powder and croutons