This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #CelebratorySips #SmirnoffUS #CollectiveBias
Summer and watermelon are a match made in heaven, aren't they? Add Made in America Smirnoff Vodka to the mix and you are in for a super yummy summer treat! This adult watermelon punch is served inside a hollowed watermelon...perfect for a summer party!
Pick up the ingredients for this yummy punch and a party pack of Smirnoff Ice premium malt beverage for your next summer soiree! Fruity, fizzy, and full of fun! All words you need for summer entertaining, right!?!
P.S. I'm an original flavor girl...what Smirnoff Ice flavor is your fave? Srsly, they have flavors for everyone and every occasion!
To make this adult Watermelon Punch:
Start by cutting about ⅓ of the top of a watermelon off and hollow out the inside, saving the watermelon. I found an ice cream scoop is ideal for this purpose.
The watermelon you scoop out needs to be put through your food processor or blender to get out as much of the juice, as possible. Put that through a strainer to properly remove the large chunks and any seeds that might be floating around.
Into that hollowed watermelon, you will add:
- Pineapple juice
- SMIRNOFF No. 21 Vodka. Distilled From Grain. 40% Alc/Vol. The Smirnoff Co., Norwalk, CT.
- Sparkling water
- Your strained watermelon juice
Quick tip: To keep your watermelon from scooting around or tipping over, roll up a dish towel and wrap it around the base of the watermelon.
I serve my punch with fresh mint leaves from our garden and little ice cubes made with watermelon juice. I also use mini mason jars as the cups to keep the portion sizes down. And besides, everything is cuter when it is mini. For sure.
This watermelon punch is a crowd favorite. Vodka cocktails seem to always be crowd pleasers and Smirnoff is a quality vodka at an accessible price point...I need that for party recipes! And, for single serve times, the Smirnoff Ice is a great option! Just chill the bottles and serve. Or, of course, put those watermelon ice into a cute glass and pour a bottle on top. Yum!
Watermelon Punch (group serve)
- 14 lb seedless watermelon
- 1.5 cup pineapple juice
- 1.5 cup sparkling water
- 2 cups Smirnoff No. 21
- Cut about one-third of your watermelon off the top and scoop out all the insides.
- Puree the pieces of watermelon in a blender or food processor and then strain the solid pieces.
- Add Smirnoff No. 21, pineapple juice and sparkling water to the watermelon “bowl” and pour in your strained watermelon juice.
- Mix together and chill the punch and bowl in the fridge for about an hour or until ready to serve.
- Try serving over ice cubes with frozen fruit inside!