I wanted to know how. Maybe you do too. To make a tea bag. I buy my favorite tea in loose-leaf and then use a strainer. That works perfectly fine. But, the other day I couldn’t find my strainer and was mad. I tried my hand at a quick coffee filter tea bag (nothing like this, a bit more messy.) and was pleased it worked pretty well. I thought…what a cute and personal gift these could make!
For the record…tea is lovely. Tea is grand. Tea is soothing, and healthy, and happy. I drink lots, especially my Ginger Tea!
Making my own tea bag is something I’ve been doing for a bit, it works so well and allows me to use only what I need.
- You’ll need coffee filters, stapler, string and of course tea ( not pictured).
- Cut the coffee filter into a rectangle.
- Put 2 bunches of tea on either side (base your amount off of what you want in your tea bag…I read the recommended amount on my tea, brilliant I know!).
- Fold the sides over into the middle.
- Set your finger in the center and then fold the two sides up onto each other.
- Fold the top corners over into the center to create the triangle top.
- Fold down and staple. Put a piece of string on before stapling.
The end. It’s really that easy. I KNOW! Can you imagine the cute tea gifts that you could do with this?? Knowing how to make tea bags seems like a valuable life skill! A valuable skill to save money and make you feel like a superhero…score!