So, suffice it to say that my husband doesn’t cook very often. That’s kind of “my” thing. And, I am perfectly fine with that. Because I LIKE cooking. A lot. But, sometimes he gets down in the kitchen and does his thing. One of his favorite things ( and ours!) is this fast and easy garlic shrimp scampi recipe.
He uses white wine to give it richness and flavor. And lots of garlic. In 20 minutes he’s cooked us up a fabulous meal that we just shove into our faces! And, let’s be honest…a hubby that cooks is hot. Just saying.
The only ingredients you need for fabulous, company worthy shrimp scampi. Yep, there’s 5 of them. That’s it!
That apron is to die for! No, he doesn’t normally wear this. But he was a good sport for the photos.
You’ll add your wine, butter, garlic, and salt. Get it boiling gently.
Push your shrimp aside and add your flour whisking it with a fork as you add it in. This is so that your sauce doesn’t get lumpy. Serve over cooked pasta with a bit of parsley…so good!
- 1 pound shrimp (if using frozen, unthaw)
- 1 1/2 cups white wine
- 1/2 stick butter
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 pound pasta, cooked and ready to go
- Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat
- Add in wine and garlic. Cook until boiling gently.
- Stir in shrimp heat through if using cooked shrimp. (If using raw let cook until translucent-about 3 minutes)
- Push shrimp aside and add flour to the liquid whisking with a fork.
- Cook about a minute, until thick.
- Serve over cooked pasta with a bit of fresh parsley.
Other main dishes you might want to try: