Easy shrimp scampi with only 5 ingredients. A great weekday flavorful dish the whole family will love!
If you love fast and easy family dishes try out our Hawaiian Chicken...only a few ingredients and under 30 minutes!
Suffice it to say that my husband doesn't cook very often. That's kind of "my" thing. And, I am perfectly fine with that. Because I LIKE cooking. A lot. But, sometimes he gets down in the kitchen and does his thing. One of his favorite things ( and ours!) is this fast and easy garlic shrimp scampi recipe.
He uses white wine to give it richness and flavor. And lots of garlic. In 20 minutes he's cooked us up a fabulous meal that we just shove into our faces! And, let's be honest...a hubby that cooks is hot. Just saying.
What can I use as a substitute for white wine in shrimp scampi?
You could sub more butter or chicken broth instead of the wine.
That apron is to die for! No, he doesn't normally wear this. But he was a good sport for the photos.
You'll add your wine, butter, garlic, and salt. Get it boiling gently.
Should I use cooked or uncooked shrimp?
Either works just fine. If using already cooked shrimp add the shrimp in right at the end so it doesn't overcook. When using uncooked shrimp, add the shrimp and let it cook for a few minutes.
Why is my sauce lumpy?
Often I push my shrimp aside and add my flour by whisking it with a fork as I add it in. However, the best method is creating a flour slurry by mixing the water with just enough water to create a mashed potato type texture. Stir THAT into the sauce to create a perfectly smooth sauce.
Serve over cooked pasta with a bit of parsley...so good!
Have you ever made homemade pasta? This is a great recipe for using homemade pasta!
What compliments shrimp scampi?
Green beans, asparagus, and salad are great to serve with scampi.
Easy Shrimp Scampi
- 1 pound shrimp (if using frozen, unthaw)
- 1 1/2 cups white wine
- 1/2 stick butter
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 pound pasta, cooked and ready to go
- Melt the butter in large skillet on medium heat
- Add in the garlic. Saute until fragrant.
- Add in the wine and let boil gently.
- Stir in shrimp and heat through if using cooked shrimp (If using raw let cook until translucent-about 3 minutes).
- Push shrimp aside and add flour to the liquid whisking with a fork --or, even better use a flour slurry.
- Cook about a minute, until the sauce thick. Remove from heat.
- Serve over cooked pasta with a bit of fresh parsley.
If you like this easy shrimp scampi recipe, you'll want to serve it with warm bread and a delicious dessert.
Other main dishes you might want to try: