Now, this microwave fudge isn’t quite as amazing as the kind we spent hours making with Grandma from scratch for Christmas. But, as we’ve mentioned many times before on NellieBellie, sometimes it’s okay that something is just a wee bit less amazing than it could be if it means you have the time for other awesome things. Besides, we think that that Grandma’s fudge really tastes better only because of the nostalgia. Making treats with family is ALWAYS better!
This fudge is good and, it was made in the microwave. Give it a try. Especially if you are scared of fudge. You can make it, bring it to work, and show off your culinary skills. I won’t tell!
We think this is the only fudge recipe you’ll ever use again. The fact that it is microwave fudge should win me an award or two, I’m thinking.
- 1 1/2 bags semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 stick of butter
- Put ingredients in a large microwave bowl. Be sure to cut the butter into smaller sections so it melts as quickly as the chocolate.
- Cook it up in the microwave until it's melted, stirring every 30 seconds or so. The amount of time this takes can vary, so watch for your chocolate to be smooth.
- When melted, remove from microwave (careful not to burn yourself!)
- Stir in your add-ins. We used pecans, but any number of add-ins are great!
- Pour into a greased 8 by 8 pan