- Package of ravioli around an 8 oz package-or any small pasta
- 2 Jars of pasta sauce
- 1 cup water
- 16 oz chopped tomatoes fresh or canned (if canned drain the liquid first)
- 1 chopped onion optional
- 2 tsp fresh basil leaves or 1 tablespoon of dried. this is by taste, use more if you like
- 1 pound ground beef or venison
- salt and pepper to taste.
- mozzarella cheese for topping
Prepare the veggies. Dice the onions and tomatoes (if using fresh). Chop the basil into small pieces (if using fresh).
Brown the meat. I used venison, because we have access to that. Beef works too.
Add veggies to the browned meat and saute on low for about 5 minutes. Add the pasta sauce, water, and ravioli.
Bring to a gentle boil and boil for 8-10 minutes or until the pasta is done.
Brown the meat and onions in advance and then add everything to the crockpot. Cook it on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
Instant Pot Instructions:
Saute the meat and onions until the beef is cooked and the onions are translucent, add all the ingredients. Seal the Instant Pot and cook on manual (pressure cooker) on 8 minutes.
Calories: 318kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 239mg | Potassium: 560mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 133IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 3mg