- ⅓ cup butter melted
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup see recipe notes for creating your own sauce & skipping the canned soup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 24 ounces frozen diced hash browns cubes, not shreds, thawed
- ½ cup butter 1 stick, melted
- 3 cups corn flakes slightly crushed
Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the ⅓ cup of melted butter, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, salt, and onion powder. Stir in the shredded cheddar cheese and thawed diced hash browns.
Pour the mixture into a 9×13 inch glass baking dish greased with non-stick cooking spray.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the ½ cup of melted butter and crushed corn flakes. Stir until the corn flakes are coated in the butter. Spoon the corn flake mixture over the casserole.
Bake the casserole uncovered for 45 minutes until it is bubbly and golden brown around the edges. Cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Calories: 358kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 696mg | Potassium: 264mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 993IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 192mg | Iron: 3mg