Spiced Gluten-free Pear Cake
Simple gluten-free flours, coconut sugar, and spices combine to create a delightfully humble pear cake that looks fancy, indeed!
Servings 8 slices
- ½ cup - Brown rice flour
- ½ cup - Almond flour
- ¼ cup - Tapioca flour
- ¼ cup - Corn flour
- ¾ cup - Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp - Baking powder
- ½ tsp - Baking soda
- ¼ tsp - Salt
- ½ tsp - Xantham gum
- 1 tsp - Cinnamon
- ½ tsp - Ground ginger
- 3 - Eggs
- ½ cup - Milk
- 3 - Pears
- Place all the flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, xantham gum, and salt in a sieve and shift to combine everything.
- Now place all the remaining ingredients except the pears in a bowl and whisk until everything is evenly combined.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix it with a spatula until everything is evenly combined and a smooth batter forms.
- In a greased and lined pan, pour the batter.
- Now place the peeled pears into the batter, leaving some gap between each pear.
- Bake the cake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees (180degrees Celsius) for about 40-50 minutes until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool slightly, drizzle some fresh cream and serve!
Calories: 225kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 213mg | Potassium: 212mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 130IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 1mg