easy Marinated Tomato Salad
A crazy easy and flavorful salad using the best of summer tomatoes, cucumbers, and fresh basil.
Servings 4 cups
- 1 cucumber de-seeded and chunked
- 5 - 6 Roma tomatoes chunked
- 1/4 red onion chunked
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 6 -8 basil leaves chiffonade
- 1/2 cup olive oil 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup olive oil. Start with 1/2 cup and add more, if desired
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or honey
- 2 teaspoons salt more to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces or so of mozzarella balls
In a large bowl, mix the cucumber, tomatoes, onion, and mozzarella balls together.
In a separate bowl whisk the olive oil, vineagar, brown sugar, salt, pepper, green onions, and basil leaves together.
Pour the oil mixture into the tomato mixture and mix well
Cover the bowl and set in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
Serving: 4servings | Calories: 501kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 47g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 1198mg | Potassium: 547mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 1537IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 137mg | Iron: 1mg