15 Minute Shrimp Udon Noodle Soup
This soup is full of tender shrimp, noodles, and flavor...and ready in only 15 minutes!
Servings 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 12 oz bottle of stout beer
- 1/4 cup soy sauce sliced green onions, peanuts for toppings
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lb raw medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 7 oz pkg Fortune UDON Noodles you won't use the seasoning packet so any flavor will work great!
- 3 cups milk or broth I prefer a cashew milk, coconut milk, or veggie broth
- 1 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter creamy is fine, if you prefer. Use all-natural peanut butter for the best flavor.
- 1 cup sliced cabbage sub mushrooms, thinly sliced carrots, spinach, or other favorite veggies
Heat oil on medium heat in large pot.
Add chopped onion.
Cook on medium heat until onion is translucent. About 5 minutes.
Add beer, soy sauce, pepper, salt, red pepper flakes, and ginger powder.
Bring to low boil and remove from heat.
Add shrimp, Udon noodles, cabbage, peanut butter, and milk.
Return to heat and heat just until hot (do not let boil), the shrimp is cooked, and the cabbage is wilted.
- Use reduced sodium soy sauce to cut the sodium levels down.
- Taste your soup at the end and if you find it bitter...add a bit of sugar or honey. Stouts and peanut butter greatly differ in the sugar they they contain. Most natural honey does not contain sugar and yet the more inexpensive peanut butters contain a great deal. Be sure to taste and adjust!
Calories: 793kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 50g | Fat: 59g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 286mg | Sodium: 2853mg | Potassium: 838mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 165IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 222mg | Iron: 5mg