- 2 tablespoons butter sub out olive oil for a vegan or dairy-free version
- 1 cup chopped onion did you know they sell tubs of already chopped onions in the produce section? No shame in that game.
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jar Pasta Sauce (any flavor is fine)
- 32 oz vegetable broth chicken broth works great, as well!
- 1 14.5 oz can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 cup dried small pasta
- 1 tablespoon basil (dried works fine)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- breadcrumbs & goat cheese (for serving)
In a large soup pot saute the veggies in the butter for about 5 minutes, or until soft.
Add the garlic and saute for 1 more minute.
Pour in the jarred pasta sauce and veggie broth. Bring to boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add the beans, pasta, and spices. Low boil for an additional 20 minutes.
Right before serving, add the spinach to wilt for 30 seconds.
Serve with bread crumbs and goat cheese on top of each bowl.
Note: The breadcrumbs and goat cheese bring a great texture and creaminess to the soup. Give it a try your first time!
Calories: 201kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 3639mg | Potassium: 905mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 8230IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 3mg