Fresh Strawberries and Cream Scones
These light and moist scones are packed with fresh strawberry and cream flavor. Easy to make and great for your breakfast!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 8 scones
- 2 cups flour use pastry or a blend of all-purpose and cake for the ultimate results
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 oz strawberries. washed hulled, and cut into small-ish pieces
- 2 tbsp sugar for mixing with the strawberries
- 6 tablespoons cold butter cut into small squares.
- 2/3 cup of heavy cream or 1/2 & 1/2
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp milk add more until desired consistency
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Mix strawberries and the 2 tablespoons of sugar together...set aside.
Mix dry ingredients together. With a pastry cutter, fingers, or fork...cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly.
Gently stir in cream.
Gently fold in the strawberries.
Gently mix until soft dough forms but is not completely sticking together.
Put the dough into the fridge to chill for 30 minutes, if needed.
Pour out on to a greased baking sheet and gently form the dough into a large circle about 8 inches in diameter.
Cut the circle into wedges and gently pull the wedges apart about 1-2 inches.
Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown along the edges. Let cool for about 10 minutes before putting the glaze on.
Mix the powdered sugar, cream, milk, and vanilla together. Add additional milk if needed to get the desired consistency.
Drizzle on the scones.