Baked Coffee Cake Donuts
easy baked cake donuts with yummy coffee flavor and whiskey icing!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract is fine
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup STRONG room temperature coffee
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil or sub canola oil
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee grounds optional-for stronger coffee flavor
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
In small bowl, mix dry ingredients together. Set aside.
Whisk honey and oil together.
Add eggs, vanilla, and coffee. Whisk again.
Slowly add dry ingredients whisking just until combine.
Fill greased donut pan about 3/4 full in each.
Bake for about 10 minutes or until edges are dry. Cool for about 2 minutes and remove from pan.