Easy Puff Pastry Rhubarb Tart
Easy Rhubarb Tart made with puff pastry and mascarpone cheese
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 package puff pastry I aused about 1.5 sheets but it depends on the size of the pan used
- 8 oz marscapone equal toabout 1 cup
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 3/4 tsp vanilla or vanilla bean paste
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla or vanilla bean paste
- 1 Peel of one lemon or 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 lbs rhubarb cut into 4 inch pieces or whatever size fits into the pan you're using
- juice of half the lemon
Make ahead about an hour, if possible:
Bring the 2 cups of sugar and 1 1/2 cups of water to a gentle boil until the sugar is dissolved.
Add the lemon, vanilla paste, and rhubarb and simmer about 5 minutes.Cover and remove from heat for 20 minutes.Drain the juice (save for Margarita's...yum!) and place the rhubarb into the fridge to cool before placing on the cheese.
To assemble the tart:
Press the puff pastry into the bottom of your pan and up the sides. Do not worry about using a fancy pan, the puff pastry will hold its shape regardless of the pan you use.
Bake according to package directions.When slightly cooled, gently press the pastry down so that it creates a shell for your filling. Cool completely.Beat the mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla paste, and salt together until fluffy (about 5 minutes).Spread the cheese filling into the cooled puff pastry and top with the cooled rhubarb. Delicious!