As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here
I have a cool cool project for you today!! This is my herb dryer that I use in my apartment. It’s temporary and easy to make which makes it perfect for our rental! My summer herbs are drying on it and when I have herbs leftover from dishes (like my Tomato Tart) I hang them up and use them later. Love! I’ll be honest, I’m not an expert in herb drying and may not be doing it correctly. But, I do know that it is working fine for me. So…that’s what counts in my book!
“We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.” Go here for our full disclosure.
- A tension rod to fit your window
- dowels- 1/2 inch- (use as many as you like to fit your window. I used 3. You can have them cut to the size you need at your home improvement center if needed)
- 2 feet of small chain per dowel
- S hooks ( 2 per dowel…and 2 for the tension rod) that fit your dowels.
- Put up your tension rod. Put it high on your window allowing for your dowels to hang.
- Attach your S hooks to each end of the dowels.
- Make sure your chain lengths are even.
- Attach an S hook and then chain to your tension rod, attach to the dowel, repeat for each row.
Isn’t that the coolest!! My kitchen here at the apartment is becoming pretty cute. Small, but cute. Kinda like me (giggle!)