This post is sponsored by Tastefully Simple, though as always, we only write about things we love!
It’s no secret that we love treats around here. But contrary to how it may appear ;), we don’t have desserts lying around on a regular basis. I love the My Mug Cakes™ from Tastefully Simple when we are looking for a sweet dessert without a ton of time and fuss. My absolute favorite is taking 1 of the mug mixes and splitting it into 2. Then we add Tastefully Simple’s Creamy Caramel Sauce, vanilla ice-cream, more caramel, and some of my homemade candied peanuts for the ultimate ice cream sundae. It’s fast, easy, and oh so wonderful!
I’m a big fan of these little gift sets from Tastefully Simple that come with the adorable mug ( it even has little markers for how far to add water–bonus!) and 2 mixes for the My Mug Cakes™. What a fantastic gift, we think.
If you have never, ever, in the history of ever made candied nuts (can you hear an 11 year old giggling at that phrase–I did!) you really should. It’s fast, easy, inexpensive (compared to buying them!), and customizable to all sorts of flavors, nuts, sugars…you name it. Put it on your must-do list. Not the “dream list” but the real honest-to-goodness going to do list.
How to make Candied Nuts (giggle):
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups dry peanuts
- Put all ingredients into a medium, heavy saucepan on medium heat.
- Bring to boil, turn heat down to low. (stir often while bringing to a boil)
- Continue to boil on low, stirring often, until the liquid is mostly gone (the peanuts will get a bit darker in color)–about 15 minutes.
- Pour the peanuts onto a cookies sheet covered in parchment paper to let cool.
- Try using almonds, pecans, cashews…or mixed nuts.
- Try adding cinnamon & cloves, or garlic & dried herbs.
- Try adding vanilla flavoring, cocoa powder, or espresso to the sugar water.
Whew…we’ve got the My Mug Cake™, Ice Cream Sundae’s, gift ideas, and a full tutorial on how to make candied peanuts all shoved into the same post. I’m tired! I hope you learned something (or were reminded of something) that is useful to you! Stick around for the next many weeks for easy, fast gift ideas, great holiday recipes, and tips & tricks for simpler living. We hope that NellieBellie brings joy and happiness to your life!