As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here
It’s Football Friday!! I don’t know about you all…but I’m ready for the weekend! Fall is here in MN and it is so beautiful! I’m looking forward to some apple cider, football, and blankets! In prep for this weekends game AND the fall weather I jazzed up a plain scarf and turned it into a scarf perfect for cheering on my favorite team. Grab a scarf, paint, and water…and you can have one too! This is so easy it is a bit ridiculous!
(be kind: my husband lovingly took this out of focus photo for me. wasn’t that sweet of him :))
I’m not an in your face kind of girl with my team spirit. But, I do like to wear purple on game day…gently. This scarf can be as subtle as you like, or as bold as you like! You decide!
- Solid colored scarf (light colors are best)
- Martha Stewart multi-surface paint in your team colors
- Soak the scarf.
- Lay out flat on protected surface.
- Roll or brush paint on in a stripe using light strokes. (If you want to use 2 colors just alternate the stripes.)
- Let sit for about 10-20 seconds.
- Wipe (yes…with your hands!) as if you are smoothing wrinkles from the inside of the stripe…out. Rub and wipe so that you get the look you want.
- Let dry.
If you like, use a bit of puffy paint or fabric paint to add some extra Team Spirit!
I am kind of in love with this scarf. I don’t feel like I’m a walking billboard for my team and the scarf is pretty and stylish all on it’s own. This Game Day Scarf would make a great gift!! Now I’m set for Sunday!! Go Vikings (and Packers)!